A Message For You

And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with great power and glory.

Luke 21:27
Luke 21:23-28, 34-36

Sermon Week/Year

First Sunday of Advent,

Sermon Topic


In a little fantasy tale, a man is telling a friend about a meeting that had taken place recently between St. Peter and the Archangel Gabriel:

They were balancing up the books on the people of earth. When they reached the bottom line, it was determined that 70% of the human race had become so corrupt, immoral and degenerate that the situation no longer could be tolerated. Peter, being terribly alarmed by this situation, suggested that they should arrange for another great flood to be sent to earth. Gabriel acknowledged that such action may be the best solution but he had one reservation. “What about the 30% of the population who are righteous? Let’s not punish them for the sins of the other 70%!” Consequently, Gabriel suggested that a letter be sent to the righteous 30%, telling them the date of the coming catastrophe and instructing them to proceed to a designated safe area where they would survive. Peter agreed and the letters were…

To view this resource, log in or sign up for a subscription plan

How useful was this resource?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average Rating 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this resource was not useful for you!

Help us improve this resource!

Tell us how we can improve this content?

Scroll to Top
Sign up to get our Free
"Preachers Welcome Package" eBook
(Plus, a few more FREEBIES)